Cole Elected Chairman on New-Look RV Hall of Fame Board
Cole was hesitant to become chairman, but accepted the position when Darryl Searer, president of the Hall of Fame, agreed to remain president.
"I am honored and humbled by this opportunity and will dedicate myself to keeping the Hall moving forward in its quest for financial independence and enhance the features and facilities at the Hall and Event Center,” said Cole, who will serve as chairman for the next two years.
In other actions, the Hall of Fame Board elected Jay Hesse, president of Blue Ox in Pender, Neb., as vice chairman.
New Hall of Fame board members elected include BJ Thompson of BJ Thompson Associates in Osceola, Ind.; Ron Younkin of Greenlawn Companies in Columbus, Ohio; Sherman Goldenberg of RV Business; Raymond Pagett of Keystone Automotive/NTP Distribution in Atlanta; and Joe Stegmayer of Cavco Industries in Phoenix.
Two vacant positions on the Hall of Fame Board are still pending.
Directors on the Board with terms yet to expire include:
Ross Kinzler (Secretary) of Wisconsin Housing Alliance in Madison, Wis.
- Jerry Pickrell (Treasurer), who is retired from LaSalle-Bristol Corp.
- Bob Fields of Aridian Technology Co. in Nahant, Mass.
- Jim Scoular of Jimsco in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Gary LaBella, former vice president of RVIA
- Darrell Boyd of Triad Financial in Paducah, Ky.
- Ron Wheeler of Wheeler Advertising in Arlington, Texas
- Chris Barrett of Bennett Transport in McDonough, Ga.
- John Evans of E & R Window Service in Redlands, Calif.
- Crosby Forrest of Dixie RV Supercenter in Newport News, Va.
- Leo Poggione of Craftsman Homes in Reno, Nev.
- Bob Livingston of Good Sam Club in Ventura, Calif.
"I think we have a strong Board of Directors who are passionate about and dedicated to the success of the Hall,” Searer said. “I look forward to working with them as we face the challenges and opportunities of the future."