Airstream recently announced the Airstream Globetrotter, which will be launched during Adobe MAX on Oct. 18.
The Airstream Globetrotter is the product of an international collaboration with UK-based design studio Astheimer Limited. The interior of this new offering presents a modern look that celebrates minimalism.
Scroll down for photos.
“Nearly 70 years ago our founder Wally Byam and his lifelong friend, Cornelius Vanderbilt, painted the word ‘Globe Trotters’ on the side of their Airstream and set out on a European adventure,” said Bob Wheeler, president and CEO of Airstream. “We created the Globetrotter to capture the spirit of Wally’s wanderlust, Neil’s fondness for Europe, and their mutual love of modern design. The end result is a travel trailer that blends the classic Airstream look with a style that truly sets it apart.”
The Globetrotter’s interior features premium finishes and fixtures, including aluminum walls, panoramic windows, a curved headboard and cabinets, wrap-around upholstery, recessed speakers, and backlighting throughout. The Globetrotter will be available in four interior décor choices based on the dark walnut and natural elm themes.
The Globetrotter features:
- A Tuft & Needle adaptive foam mattress, low-profile nightstands, unique contemporary accent wall, and a curved, wrap-around headboard
- Hand-crafted Italian lite-ply laminated interior cabinetry
- Franke high-rise faucet and Moen oversized rectangular stainless-steel sink under-mounted to a Corian countertop
- New overhead storage locker design with radius slim-fit doors and backlit interiors
- Power awning and window awning package with premium Sunbrella fabrics (optional)
- Polk audio system with recessed speakers
- Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl flooring
- Globetrotter Essentials accessory kit with Oceanair bedding
The 27-foot Globetrotter is priced at $99,900 MSRP; and Airstream dealers nationwide started receiving inventory in early October.