The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued several recall notices for Forest River, Jayco and Newmar products. Specific recalls issued include:
* Forest River is recalling certain model year 2017 Vibe trailers manufactured Sept. 20, 2016, to October 20, 2016. The outside of the kitchen stove may have been connected to a 12-volt D.C. positive circuit, potentially shocking a user that touches it. An energized stove may increase the risk of an electrical shock and injury.
Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will disconnect the positive wire, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin Dec. 20, 2016. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-574-296-2084, extension 105. Forest River’s number for this recall is 59-102212016-0260.
* Jayco is recalling certain model year 2017 Jay Sport camping trailers, model 12SC, manufactured Sept. 14, 2016, to Oct. 3, 2016. The labels on the affected vehicles incorrectly state that the vehicle is equipped with ST175/80R13D tires requiring 65 PSI, when the vehicle is actually equipped with ST175/80R13C tires requiring 50 PSI. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”
Incorrect tire pressure information may result in the tires being over inflated, which can cause possible tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
Jayco has notified owners and provided them with a corrected label, free of charge. The recall began on Nov. 1, 2016. Owners may contact Jayco customer service at 1-800-283-8267. Jayco’s number for this recall is 9901331.
* Forest River is recalling certain model year 2017 Salem recreational trailers, model SMT186RB, manufactured Oct. 13, 2016, through Oct. 21, 2016, and model year 2017 Wildwood recreational trailers, model WDT186RB, manufactured Oct. 7, 2016, through Oct. 21, 2016. The Federal Placard Label and the VIN incorrectly states that the vehicle has two axles, while the vehicle is only equipped with one axle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.”
If the owner follows the information on the Federal Placard Label, the operator may overload the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Forest River will notify owners and will provide a corrected Certificate of Origin, Federal Placard and VIN plate for each trailer, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on December 21, 2016. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-574-534-1251. Forest River’s number for this recall is 6-10252016-0262.
* Winnebago Industries is recalling certain model year 2017 Winnebago View and Itasca Navion motorhomes manufactured March 21, 2016, to Sept. 15, 2016. The affected vehicles may have loose driver and front passenger seat mounting bolts, possibly allowing the seats to detach from the mounting pedestals.
If the seat detaches from the mounting pedestal, it can increase the risk of injury and crash.
Winnebago will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the seat mounting bolts to the proper specification, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Winnebago customer service at 1-641-585-3535.
* Newmar Corp. is recalling certain model year 2017 Dutch Star, Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex, and King Aire motorhomes manufactured May 12, 2016, to Sept. 22, 2016, and built on a Spartan Motors chassis. The throttle circuit wires on the affected vehicles may not have been be twisted to cancel out electromagnetic interference, and as a result, interference may cause the throttle signal to be higher or lower than intended.
Unintended deceleration or acceleration can increase the risk of a crash.
Newmar will notify owners, and Spartan dealers will install an overlay harness with twisted wires, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin Jan. 2, 2017. Owners may contact Newmar customer service at 1-800-731-8300 or Spartan at 1-800-543-4277. Newmar’s number for this recall is 16V-776.
* Highland Ridge RV (Highland) is recalling certain model year 2016 Highlander travel trailers, model 31RGR, manufactured May 26, 2015, to Sept. 24, 2015, equipped with certain aluminum black ladders manufactured by Christianson Industries. The affected ladders have retractable hinges, each with a welded “top hat” that can separate from the hinge.
If the hinges separate from the ladder while in use, the ladder may fall from the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury.
Highland will notify owners, and dealers will install 6 repair brackets, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Highland customer service at 1-260-768-7771. Highland Ridge’s number for this recall is 9904333.