The RV Industry Association has announced that the finalists in the 2019 RV Technical Institute Top Tech Challenge have been chosen. The event, held at RVX: The RV Experience on Wednesday, March 13, will pit six RV service technicians against each other in a winner-take-all competition for a $10,000 cash prize and the title of Top Tech Champion.
Held in front of an excited industry audience full of dealers, manufacturers, suppliers and the media, the Top Tech Challenge will highlight the industry-wide need for skilled labor, and how the industry can work together to promote the role of service and bring in more qualified technicians to the industry.
“The Top Tech Challenge is our industry’s way of promoting and rewarding skilled labor technicians in the market,” said Curt Hemmeler, RV Technical Institute executive director. “These are unsung heroes and we applaud their efforts to keep millions of Americans on the road and enjoying the RV lifestyle.”
All of the selected technicians are currently employed as an RV Certified Technician and have a minimum of five years of experience. Submissions were scored based on each technician’s completed application, years of experience, most recent RVDA/RVIA Certified Technician Exam score and certification expiration date.
The 2019 Top Tech Challenge finalists are:
- Aaron Bashore: Shoemakersville, Pa. – Shop foreman/lead tech at Tom Schaeffers Camping and Travel Center
- Brandon Galbreath (2017 Top Tech Champion): Joppa, Ala. – Service Tech at D&N RV Service
- Thomas Gordon: Ocala, Fla. – Shop foreman/lead tech at Ocala Camping World
- John Larson: Minden, Nev. – Owner/operator at Nevada Mobile RV Service
- Chris Page: Prescott, Ariz. – Service tech at Affinity RV
- Bradley Wingfield: Corinth, Texas – Shop foreman at McClain’s RV Superstore