California supplier Banks Power recently released the 1.8 iDash Super Gauge for all 2008 and newer vehicles, and many pre-2008 OBD-II vehicles.
This gauge is a combination of computer and monitor that plugs into a vehicle’s OBD-II port, reading and calculating data. This “information gathering machine” features a bright 1.8-inch color LCD display, and is a standard sized 52 millimeters for mounting into a dashboard or accessory mounting pod.
The Banks Super Gauge can display from two to five parameters on a single gauge and continuously data-logs up to 20 minutes per max values. A $70 data-logging upgrade option enables continuous data-logging on up to 100 values at 10 samples per second. Data-logs can be saved on the included microSD Card.
Some of the other features include the ability to:
- Customize a multiple layout display
- Read boost pressure and EGT
- Monitor manifold air density, boost air density
- View density data
- Diagnose and clear trouble codes
- Read up to 80 OBD-II Mode 01 values
- Over 300 parameters available
- Navigate the menu using a four-button interface
MAP pricing is $269 for the primary or stand-alone, $249 for each secondary gauge.