Black Book recently released a report showing that the average selling price for motorized RV units was $45,566, which is down $973 (2 percent) from the previous month. On the other hand, towables came in at $14,804, up $1,537 (11.5 percent) from last month.
A year ago the average motorhome sold for $41,494 and the average towable unit brought $12,780.
“The average selling price of towables at auction last month jumped by eleven and a half percent, notching an all-time high at $14,804,” said Eric Lawrence, director of specialty markets. “Motorized units dipped a bit, but still maintained most of the gains realized in the previous month. Beginning this edition, we’ll be including a new statistic – the average age of the units sold at auction. In our inaugural survey, the average unit sold at auction was a 2011 model, or seven years old.”
Auction volume was up quite a bit: motorized increased 24 percent from the previous month and towables rose by 12 percent.
For motorhomes (including Class A, B, and C)
- Average selling price was $45,566 down $973 (2 percent) from the previous month
- One year ago, the average selling price was $41,494
- Auction volume was up 24 percent from the previous month
For towables (including travel trailers and fifth wheels)
- Average selling price was $14,804, up $1,537 (11.5 percent) from the previous month
- One year ago, the average selling price was $12,780
- Auction volume was up 12 percent from the previous month