A trio of manufacturers will issue recalls of several hundred units due to insufficient welds on rear cargo doors, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Three additional manufacturers issued unrelated recalls.
KZRV, DRV and Thor Motor Coach each will recall units related to the welds on a rear cargo door:
- KZRV is recalling certain model year 2016-17 Venom and Durango Gold toyhaulers and fifth wheel trailers manufactured Jan. 11 to Dec. 2, 2016. The recall affects about 262 units. The affected vehicles have rear cargo door hinges with welds on the hinge pin and hinge plate that may be insufficient, and as a result, the top of the door may swing down with more force than normal. KZRV will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the weld thickness, and if necessary replace the rear door hinges, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 1, 2017. Owners may contact KZRV customer service at 1-800-768-4016 extension 154 or 153.
- DRV Suites is recalling about 26 units from its model year 2017 Full House recreational trailers, models JX450, LX410, LX450 and LX455, manufactured August 29, 2016, to November 30, 2016. The affected vehicles have rear cargo door hinges with welds on the hinge pin and hinge plate that may be insufficient. DRV will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the weld thickness, and if necessary replace the hinge, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact DRV customer service at 1-260-562-3500. DRV’s number for this recall is 99.02.07.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2016-17 Outlaw motorhomes, models 37BG, 37LS, 37RB, 38RE and 38RF, manufactured Jan. 13 to Dec. 8, 2016, affecting about 209 units. The affected vehicles have rear cargo door hinges with welds that may be inadequate for securing the hinge pin to the hinge plate. TMC will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the hinge weld thickness, replacing the hinge as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 8, 2017. Owners may contact TMC customer service at 1-877-500-1020.
A trio of manufacturers issued unrelated recalls, according to NHTSA’s latest report:
- Starcraft RV is recalling 125 units from its model year 2017 Comet, Satellite, Launch, and Autumn Ridge mini trailers manufactured June 21 to Nov. 18, 2016 and equipped with the extreme package. The Federal labels on the affected vehicles may state incorrect tire and rim sizes. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.” Starcraft has notified owners and mailed corrected labels to the affected owners, free of charge. The recall began on Dec. 22. Owners may contact Starcraft customer service at 1-800-945-4787. Starcraft’s number for this recall is 9902339.
- Gulf Stream Coach is recalling nine units from its model year 2017 B Touring Cruiser motorhomes, model 5210, manufactured May 16 to July 15, 2016. The Certification label on the affected vehicles may contain incorrect front and rear Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) and Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” Gulf Stream will notify owners will provide a corrected Certification label, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Gulf Stream customer service at 1-800-289-8787.
- Forest River is recalling 6 units from its model year 2016 Glaval Legacy transit buses manufactured April 5 to Oct. 5, 2016. The brake transmission shift interlock feature may be inoperable making it possible to shift into a drive gear without first pressing the brake pedal. Forest River will notify owners. Allison Transmission Distributors and dealers will update the vehicle’s software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin Feb. 1. Owners may contact Allison customer service at 1-800-252-5283, or Forest River customer service at 1-574-343-5167. Forest River’s number for this recall is 35-12022016-0277.