Applications for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center College Scholarship Program are now available online and the deadline for applying is fast approaching.
The scholarship is available for undergraduates currently employed in the RV industry, who are dependents of an RV industry employee and to those seeking a career in the RV industry after graduating. The $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2022-2023 school year. The deadline for submitting all required items is July 1.
The scholarship program was created to help foster the next generation of RV industry leaders, and this will be the 31st scholarship awarded since its inception. It is made possible by the generosity of Joanne and Newt Kindlund, co-founders of Holiday RV Superstores, the first publicly traded RV dealership.
“Education is something that meant a lot to Joanne, and she wanted to use that to enhance the lives of others,” said Newt Kindlund. “Offering this program to RVDA members is an important benefit and one that we were both extremely proud to have been able to be part of.”
Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and is a director emeritus on the Learning Center’s board of directors.
Dealers are encouraged to tell their employees about this unique opportunity. A primary factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV industry after college.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as a free download from the center. To obtain an application, poster or more information, click here.
- Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average and a 1040 minimum SAT score (a minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable).
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior in an accredited four-year college or university.
- Provide a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
- Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form, which is completed online at the government’s FAFSA website.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
- Submit a fully completed application with supporting documentation.
- All materials noted above must be received by the center no later than July 1. Dealer principals, their families, and dependents are not eligible for the award.
To obtain a registration form, click here.