Dometic has announced its new portfolio of outdoor leisure products by incorporating and rebranding acquired Kampa products. The new Kampa Dometic portfolio includes inflatable awnings and camping tents, mobile furniture and other outdoor leisure accessories. Kampa’s distribution network is now integrated to Dometic’s, and all Kampa Dometic products and related service are available globally.
“The Dometic brand is starting to be recognized as an outdoor leisure brand among consumers,” said Peter Kruk, Dometic’s Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) president. “The new Kampa Dometic portfolio will support this transition and our business strategy in expanding into the consumer segment.”
With the acquisition of Kampa, Dometic significantly broadens the retail and aftermarket offering in EMEA, with good potential for further expansion and profitable growth.
Kampa fulfils all prerequisites that Dometic has set for acquired expansion, with proven profitable growth, leading market positions and strong management.
“We are today the market leader in inflatable awning room and tent technology in the UK, with a clear focus on easy use for our customers,” said Myles Salmon, managing director at Kampa. “In Dometic, we have found an incredibly good home where we can build and accelerate our international expansion.”
The new Kampa Dometic portfolio will be showcased for the first time at this years’ Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf. During the show, the new 2020 range will be introduced to the market. Five key new models are listed below:
- Club-Air All Season 330/390: The new Club AIR all-season is 9-feet deep. The front and side panels can be completely zipped out, veranda style. Side extensions can be zipped on to increase the awning size as required.
- Winter Air PVC 260: Winter AIR PVC comes complete with snow support poles, a double mud wall, storm straps and tarzan pegs as standard. Its Weathershield PVC material helps ensure this awning stands up to snowy conditions.
- Leggera Air: Featherweight Weathershield 150D polyester material and a compact 7 1/2-foot depth make the Leggera AIR easy set-up and take-down, according to the company. It also includes single point inflation, storm straps, lots of ventilation, and an optional canopy.
- Rally Air Pro 240 T/G: The new Rally AIR Pro 240 T/G has been purpose built to fit onto panel van conversions with a rear barn door. It has single point inflation AirFrame technology and the Dual-Pitch roof system offers plenty of head room.
- Rally Air All-Season 330 D/A: The new all-season version of the Rally AIR 330 Drive-Away combines seasonal pitch material with a single-point inflation AirFrame. Zip-out the front and side panels to use the awning veranda style and reduce the weight.