Magellan GPS recently launched two smaller versions of its on- and off-road navigation devices that feature the same technology and pre-loaded trail and map data as the TRX line of products.
The Magellan TR5 and TR7 Automotive GPS Navigators utilize Magellan’s TRX software, 2-D and 3-D terrain view maps, trails, and points of interest.
“TRX devices have quickly become the navigation device of choice for serious ‘Trailheads,’” said Stig Pedersen, VP of off-highway vehicle and product development at Magellan. “Now with the TR5 and TR7, we are delivering solutions that are ideal for weekend hobbyists looking for a well-priced, well-equipped GPS device that can guide them into the hills and back again.”
The GPS device also can connect via Wi-Fi to Magellan’s cloud-connected map website TRXTrailhead.com.
The TR5 features a 5-inch HD touchscreen, while the TR7 has a 7-inch HD touchscreen designed for clarity in bright sunlight and nighttime conditions. Each device comes with a suction cup mount to securely attach it to a windshield. Other features include:
- Fully functional TRX software containing more than 117,000 pre-loaded and navigable trails.
- Pre-loaded U.S. and Canada base map including high-resolution topography and street detail and more than 6.6 million points of interest.
- Spoken turn-by-turn navigation.
- The BackTrack feature that safely returns drivers to the starting point of their routes.
- Ability to save waypoints, completed trails and record personal tracks to share with other users.
- No data connection required to access map, trail and POI data.
- Lifetime free map and software updates.
Magellan’s TR5 (MSRP $299.99) and TR7 (MSRP $399.99) Automotive GPS Navigators are available for order now at Magellan’s online store, several different online retailers and off-road retail locations nationwide.