Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis has issued the following letter regarding COVID-19 and its effects on the company:
To Our Valued Customers:
At Camping World, Gander RV & Outdoors and Good Sam Enterprises, our customers are family. And like our family, during these extraordinary times we are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
We know that your RV is your home and realize you rely on us to provide products and services that are critical to keep your home functioning and safe. In this time of uncertainty, we are here for you.
We have activated our preparedness plan, continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation and are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we need to take to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We are encouraging our associates to follow the CDC guidelines to protect themselves, their team members and customers and we have taken numerous steps to ensure we can remain open and continue to serve you:
- Cleaning all high-touch areas such as checkout areas, credit card machines, door handles, lunchrooms, waiting areas, desktops, countertops, keyboards and telephones no less than every two hours.
- Sanitizing restrooms with disinfectant and restocking with supplies including soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer no less than every hour.
- Wiping down all high touch areas of RV units in our shops with disinfectants before starting work and before delivering to customers.
- Advising our employees to suspend handshakes and physical contact with fellow employees and customers.
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products. In order to preserve quantity of products for you, our core customer, we have removed some inventory from our websites. Certain products may show out of stock on our websites but please call or visit one of our retail locations or call our call center at 1-800-626-5944 to inquire about availability.
- Our retail stores are open. We will continue to evaluate conditions on a market by market basis, but our goal is to remain open so that we can provide you the items that you need for your home. The most up-to-date store hours can always be found on CampingWorld.com and GanderOutdoors.com.
For Our Associates:
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues in breakrooms, meeting areas and for office equipment.
- Asking our associates to stay home if they or someone in their household are sick.
- Strict travel policy for our employees is in place, and we have canceled meetings with large gatherings.
For Our Customers:
- Expanded hours for our call centers and technical helplines. If you are in need, give us a call, we are here to help.
- Encouraging our customers to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
In everything we do, we are guided by one simple objective: taking care of our associates and keeping you and your RV home safe. I personally want you to know that your health and safety is my top priority.