This article is from our older website archives. Some content may not be formatted or attributed properly. Please Contact Us if you feel it needs to be corrected. Thank you.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced its latest round of RV-related safety recalls Monday (Dec. 27).
- Gulf Stream Coach is recalling about 340 units from model year 2016-2017 Conquest and B Touring Cruiser Class C motorhomes manufactured Sept. 24, 2015 through Oct. 24. In the affected vehicles, the in-dash radio unit assembly was improperly wired allowing the DVD to operate while the vehicle is in motion.Gulf Stream will notify owners, and dealers will disable the viewing of the DVD monitor while the vehicle is being driven, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in December 2016. Owners may contact the Gulf Stream customer service at 1-800-289-8787. Gulf Stream’s number for this recall is GM112316.
- Livin’ Lite is recalling 86 units from its model year 2017 Camplight and Quick Silver RV Trailers, Toyhaulers, and Truck Campers manufactured May 19 to Nov. 18. The affected vehicles have a rubber liquid propane (LP) gas line connecting the range hood and the pilot light, instead of a 12″ hard pipe. Livin’ Lite will notify owners, and dealers will install a 12″ copper extension between the range hood and pilot light, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in December 2016. Owners may contact Livin’ Lite customer service at 1-866-272-5578.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain model year 2017 Quantum RQ29 motorhomes manufactured June 27 to Sept. 29. The affected vehicles may be missing a mid-ship marker light. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Systems (FMVSS) number 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”TMC will notify owners, and dealers will install a mid-ship marker light if it is missing, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 28, 2017. Owners may contact TMC customer service at 1-877-500-1020. TMC’s number for this recall is RC000124.
- Entegra Coach is recalling 125 of its 2017 Cornerstone vehicles manufactured October 26, 2015, to Nov. 18 and built on a Spartan Motors chassis. The affected vehicles are equipped with a Wabco OnGuard Collision Mitigation System that may have been installed upside down reducing its functionality.Entegra will notify owners, and Spartan Motors dealers will correct the orientation of the radar and re-calibrate the system, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on January 31, 2017. Owners may contact Spartan customer service at 1-855-589-9836 or Entegra customer service at 1-800-517-9137. Entegra’s number for this recall is 9903335.
- Heartland RVs is recalling 50 units from its 2016-17 Landmark 365 fifth wheel recreational trailers manufactured September 30, 2015, to October 24, 2016 and equipped with disc brakes. The spare steel wheel on the affected vehicles may not properly fit on the axle hub, resulting in the wheel rubbing on the brake line, causing it to wear.Heartland will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steel spare wheel with an aluminum wheel, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-877-262-8032. Heartland’s number for this recall is 99.01.30.
- Forest River is recalling 23 units from its 2017 Puma trailers, models PT38DBS and PT38RLQ, manufactured Aug. 15 to Nov. 15. The Federal placards on the affected vehicles have incorrect tire and rim information. The placard incorrectly states a combination of ST225/75R15/D tires needing 65 PSI and a rim designation of 15X6.0JJ, while the vehicle is actually equipped with ST235/80R/16E tires needing 80 PSI and a rim designation of 16X6.0JJ. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will replace the incorrect Federal placard with a correct one, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 19, 2017. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-574-642-0606. Forest River’s number for this recall is 420-11162016-0276.