Outdoorsy has released its 2021 renter sentiment survey. Highlights include:
- Summer ’21 Outlook: Nearly six in 10 Americans want to try something new during their vacation this summer, according to a OnePoll survey.
- Six in 10 also said they would spend significantly more money on their vacation if it meant they were 100 percent safe from COVID, the results suggest.
- Out of a panel of 2,000 respondents, two-thirds are more inclined to rent an RV or campervan now than before the pandemic started.
- 81 percent of respondents reported that because of the pandemic, they feel forced to find alternative travel destinations or an alternative form of travel compared to their usual routine.
- 63 percent would rather stay closer to adventure on their next vacation, like camping on a beach, instead of staying in a hotel or Airbnb.
- 62 percent would rather spend their vacation surrounded by nature this summer.
- 60 percent said they feel at their happiest while on vacation.
- 60 percent are putting together a shopping wish list, frequently citing a need to buy camping gear (46 percent), a tent (37 percent) and an RV or campervan (33 percent).
- Top 2021 summer destinations on Outdoorsy: Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Anchorage, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Minneapolis, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- The 2021 rental season is starting out strong with over 145 percent growth in bookings vs, 2020.
- Class C and Campervans are the most popular rentals on the site.
- Average trip length is over six days.
To see Outdoorsy’s entire report click here.