The Route 66 RV Network recently assembled for its 14th Annual Route 66 Rally from Oct. 2 to 4. Over 200 dealer principals, dealership employees, Network partners, and staff attended the three-day event at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort in Colorado Springs.
Day 1 started under the crystal blue Colorado skies with the Route 66 Golf Tournament with a field of 60-plus dealers and partners. Monday evening then moved indoors for the traditional welcome reception that included all dealership, partner and Network employees giving everyone the opportunity to greet one another and catch up.
Day 2’s opening session focused on the results of a recent SWOT analysis done by The Network’s 12-dealer advisory board members. Additionally, a new network-wide data initiative was introduced called Main Street.
Main Street, built by The Network’s software development company RIDE Marketing, is a technology business center that will deliver exclusive sales support tools to member dealers, as well as proprietary Network business intelligence.
Throughout the day, dealers and their employees rotated through five different 50-minute workshops that focused on the Main Street initiative, web marketing, menu selling, boosting internet sales and relationship-building.
“While it’s kind of like getting a drink out of a fire hydrant, the workshops were set up to provide continuity from one workshop to the next delivering an overall message of the value of The Network in our consolidating industry,” said Dave Francis, a Route 66 partner.
On the final morning, attendees heard from Assurant Solutions, Bank of America, and NTP-STAG executives, as well as the Route 66 partners who responded to dealer-submitted questions in a Q&A session.
Additionally, the 2017 to 2018 advisory board members were introduced:
- Kim Kroubetz – Kroubetz Lakeside Campers
- Joey Shields – Pan Pacific RV Center
- Devin Murphy – Freedom RV
- Jonathan Creech – Rex & Sons RV’s
- Dan Craffey – Lee’s Family Trailer
- Ken Wise – All Seasons RV & Marine
- JB Strassweg – Basden’s American RV Center
- John McCluskey – Florida Outdoors RV Center
- Bill Clark – The Great Outdoors
- Ken Bunge – Humphrey RV
- Andy Whiting – Outdoor Travel
- Darren Gelowitz – Village RV
Five new Network dealerships were also introduced to the group:
- Hall’s RV, Sarah Hall, Albertville, Ala.
- Lee’s Family Trailers, Dan Craffey, Windham, Maine
- Ocean Grove RV Supercenter, Rob Rothenhausler, St. Augustine, Fla.
- Palm RV, Tom Wegge, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Southern RV, Brad Walden, McDonough, Ga.