The application for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center College Scholarship Program is now available online. The scholarship is available for undergraduates currently employed in the RV industry, dependents of RV industry employees, and those seeking a career in the industry after graduating. The $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2021-2022 school year. The deadline for submitting all required items is July 5.
The program was created to help foster the next generation of RV industry leaders, and this will be the 30th scholarship awarded since its inception. It is made possible by the generosity of Joanne and Newt Kindlund, co-founders of Holiday RV Superstores, the first publicly-traded RV dealership.
“Joanne was very passionate about the importance of education in enhancing our lives,” said Newt Kindlund. “We were both extremely proud to have been able to offer this program to our RVDA members.” Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and is a director emeritus on the Learning Center’s board of directors.
Dealers are encouraged to tell their employees about this opportunity. A primary factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV industry after college.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as a free download from the center. To obtain an application, poster, or more information, click here.
- Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400-point scale; a minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable).
- Be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior in an accredited four-year college or university.
- Provide a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
- Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form, which is completed online at http://fafsa.ed.gov.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
- Submit a fully completed application with supporting documentation.
- All materials noted above must be received by the center no later than July 5. Dealer principals, their families, and dependents are not eligible for the award.
- For more information on the Mike Molino RV Learning Center, go to www.rvlearningcenter.com, send an email to [email protected], or fax to (703) 591-0734. The center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.