The board of directors of the RV/MH Heritage Foundation has announced the names of those who will be inducted into the RV/MH Hall of Fame (Hall) as members of the Class of 2017.
Foundation President Darryl Searer said, “The Class of 2017 is historic in that the first inductee from the Canadian RV/MH industries will be inducted this year. He is Woody Paylor, retired founder of Woody’s RV in Alberta, Canada.
“Congratulations to the ten new honorees. All of them have had or are having outstanding careers and are richly deserving of this high honor.”
RV/MH Hall of Fame Class of 2017
- Edwin H. Baier – Retired President Evergreen RV Supply
- Martin J. (Marty) Shea – President/Owner Madison RV Supercenter, Inc.
- Woody Paylor – Retired Founder of Woody’s RV World
- David Gorin – President, David Gorin Associates LLC
- Walter Bennett – Vice President, Thor Industries.
Manufactured Housing Inductees
- Doug Lippert – Retired Chairman, Lippert Components, Inc.
- Michael G. Sullivan – CEO, Newport Pacific Family of Companies
- Spencer Roane – President, Boyd Roane Inc. and Founder, Southeastern Community Owners
- Christine Lindsey – VP of Sales & Finance, Regional Vice President, UMH Properties, Inc.
- Dennis J. Beadle – Retired President, Victorian Homes
Searer applauded the work of the nominating committee that had to narrow a list of over 60 highly deserving candidates down to the final ten selected.
Searer said, “I was especially impressed with the committee’s work for the diversity of this year’s class-not only in the inductee’s gender, but also the diversity of regions within the U.S. as well as the diversion of nominee’s industry segments such as suppliers, manufacturers, dealers, community managers and developers, as well as association executives.”
The Class of 2017 will be officially inducted into the RV/MH Hall of Fame at the Annual Induction Dinner on Monday, August 7, 2017, in Elkhart, Indiana.