As part of its effort to overhaul the upcoming National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky., Nov. 28 to Dec. 1, the RV Industry Association announced major changes to this year’s Outlook 2017 program.
This year’s version of the long-standing National Show opener, will feature Captain “Sully” Sullenberger delivering the keynote address.
While he is best known for serving as United Airlines captain during what has been called the “Miracle on the Hudson,” Sullenberger is an aviation safety expert and accident investigator, serves as CBS News Aviation and Safety Expert, and is the founder and chief executive officer of Safety Reliability Methods a company dedicated to management, safety, performance and reliability consulting.
Outlook 2017 is slated for Nov. 29 with doors opening at 7 a.m. the program starting at 7:30 a.m.
In addition, the National RV Trade Show will debut newly-added show floor features this year to help engage attendees in a more immersive way that highlights new products, new programs, as well as engaging education to keep buyers on the show floor. The areas include:
- Lookout Point, a virtual reality tour emerging attendees into the community that is RVing.
- Material ConneXion is an interactive display area. As trusted advisors to Fortune 500 companies, this is your chance to see the products of tomorrow designed through smart materials and design, according to the release.
- The Campfire attendees will get a chance to participate in live storytelling and short industry presentations from experts. Listen, learn and kick back in this newly created education-meets-lounge area on the show floor.
- The Patio – Charge your devices, network, participate in some Trivial Pursuit and hang out with your peers.
- JumboTron & Selfies – We said selfies. Have some fun capturing those social media moments.
- Go RVing Activation Area includes interactive media.
Educational opportunities are also on the docket with the first time during Monday sessions (Nov. 28) running concurrently with insights for dealers, campground operators, manufacturers and suppliers.
“Also, don’t miss the must-see keynote for the day from brand visionary and marketing guru Ken Schmidt, the legendary former director of communications strategy for Harley-Davidson Motor Company,” the Association said in the release.
The show also features new educational sessions throughout the week with informative topics such as asset protection, online/social media, current trends in legislation and more. In addition, join us for Power talks presented by industry authorities on new materials, consumer trends, advocacy and more. Plus dealers will not want to miss out on sending their tech crews for Tech Academy, and their sales crews for Sales & Customer Service Instruction.
“We are really excited for this line up of special features and education,” said Liz Crawford, RVIA’s senior vice president of tradeshows and events. “The show team has been hard at work lining up a re-invigorated trade show and experience for the 2016 installment. The investment by RVIA, and the continued support of the industry is helping fuel what promises to be the best show on record. In fact, pre-registration is up over last year, and exhibitor participation is looking to outpace previous years as well.”
Exhibitors interested in sponsorship opportunities should contact RVIA Sponsorship Sales Team at 703-594-6065 or [email protected] To register to attend, go to RVIAshow.org or call 508-743-9618. Media contact: Kevin Broom at [email protected] or call 571-665-5844.