Elkhart, Ind.-based THOR Industries issued their FY2020 sustainability report on Thursday, formalizing its comprehensive, global approach to sustainability.
“We’re excited to continue our sustainability journey, which is an integral part of our culture,” said Bob Martin, THOR President and CEO. “Our commitment to sustainability reflects our ongoing effort to understand and address environmental, social and governance risk by being more proactive, resilient and adaptive. We believe these ongoing sustainability efforts will have a very positive impact on our business, consumers, team members, partners and the communities in which we live, work and play.”
As a global leader in the growing RV industry, THOR said it takes its responsibility to promote a clean and safe environment through responsible and sustainable business practices very seriously. THOR said it believes that by pushing to do more with sustainable business practices, it will encourage others in the industry to do the same. THOR took significant steps in its sustainability journey in FY2020 to lead the way for the industry.
- Signed the UN Global Compact Business Ambition for 1.5°C Commitment, pledging net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050.
- Announced an interim target of 50 percent reduction in GHG emissions by 2030.
- Set a waste management target of 50 percent reduction in solid waste to landfills by 2030.
- Signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge to reinforce THOR’s commitment to creating a more inclusive workplace.
- Created a new senior management role to lead the company’s sustainability efforts. Chris Workman was named VP of Global Supply Management and Sustainability.
- Established processes to collect and measure climate-related risks of GHG emissions, water usage and waste management.
“Our sustainability program highlights our deep-rooted commitment to better the lives of our team members and customers, foster the viability of communities, and promote a clean and safe environment,” added Martin. “THOR products inspire people to travel, build connections with family and friends, and develop a lasting appreciation for nature, and our sustainability efforts are beneficial for our Company, our customers, the industry and the environment over the long term.”
The entire FY2020 Sustainability Report can be viewed in full here.