Thor Motor Coach recently announced the arrival of the new Delano Sprinter Class C motorhome built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis.
Scroll down for photos.
The new cabinetry is from TecnoForm S.p.A., an Italian company whose designs are displayed in many European yachts and caravans. A moonroof over the cab-over bunk integrates seamlessly with a new front cap.
The Delano is built on the new 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter diesel chassis and features a safety system typically found in luxury cars. Standard safety features include:
- Active Distance Assist Distronic – When enabled when cruise control is on, this system keeps an RV a selective car length distance between itself and the automobile in front of it.
- Attention Assist – Develops a driver profile and compares it to a number of environmental and driving behaviors to detect signs of tiredness and recommends it’s time to pull over for a rest.
- Active Brake Assist – Helps prevent accidents by detecting a vehicle in front of the chassis and automatically brakes.
- Blind Spot Assist – Detects if a vehicle is to the left or right of the Sprinter and gives an audible warning when your turn signal is in use and even monitors when a driver is exiting the vehicle.
- Active Lane-Keeping Assist – Detects accidental lane drifts with the assistance of the camera in the windshield and brings the Sprinter chassis back on track.
- Crosswind Assist – Detects crosswinds or sudden gusts and automatically compensates so the chassis is only briefly and slightly off track and remains in its lane.
- Emergency Call – Able to notify rescue services either automatically after a serious crash or by the driver pressing the corresponding button.
- Traffic Sign Assist – Draws additional attention to speed limits
- Wet Wiper System – A rain sensor that ensures optimum visibility even when wiping the windscreen.
For more information on the Delano Sprinter, click here.