Studies have shown that small business owners who have a plan in place to deal with the financial challenges that may come by way of some disaster have a much better chance of coming through them than those without one.
September is National Preparedness Month, and this year’s theme is “Disasters Don’t Wait. Make your Plan Today.” The U.S. Small Business Administration, the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety, and the Insurance Information Institute are hosting a webinar at 2 p.m. ET this Wednesday, Sept. 16, on preparing for severe weather, future COVID-19 interruptions, and other disasters.
In addition to presentations by experts from IBHS and Triple-I, two small business owners will share their stories of how they prepared for and successfully recovered from devastating disasters.
The guest list includes:
- Gail Moraton – Business Resiliency Manager, IBHS
- Alison Bishop – Internal Operations Manager at Spry Health Inc.
- Alejandro Contreras – Director, SBA Office of Disaster Assistance
- Janice Jucker – Co-Owner, Three Brothers Bakery
- Loretta Worters – VicePresident, Media Relations at Triple-I
To register for this Wednesday’s webinar click here.