Honda Power Equipment recently introduced the EU2200i inverter generator, which delivers 10 percent more power than the outgoing Honda EU2000i model.
“The all-new Honda EU2200i inverter generator delivers 10 percent more power than the outgoing model, letting customers power more of what they need, but with virtually no change in weight or cost,” said Michael Rudolph, VP of Honda Power Equipment. “With a larger engine, easy start-up process and easier maintenance, we think the all-new Honda EU2200i is the most versatile and reliable portable generator in the marketplace.”
The new generator is part of Honda’s Super Quiet Series of inverter generators, and has four models to choose from: the EU2200i, the EU2200i Camo, the EU2200i Companion and the EB2200i for industrial use.
Honda Super Quiet Series generators are inverter-equipped models that feature an enclosed body and acoustic engineering, resulting in noticeably quieter performance.
Key functional enhancements include:
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout and larger oil drain gutter.
- A fuel shutoff valve (“Fuel Off” position) allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed and the engine shuts off.
- A stamped metal recoil rope insert provides increased product durability and reduces potential damage to the generator body.
- An increase in the ventilation area of 2.31 square inches compared with the outgoing model reduces cabinet air intake resistance, resulting in improved inverter cooling.
- Parallel connection allows for pairing of the Honda EU2200i with another EU2200i or a Honda EU2000i K1/T1 model.
The Honda EU2200i generator is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series, 121cc engine, and has a starting MSRP of $1,149.95. The Honda EU2200i will be available in early spring.