The application deadline for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center College Scholarship Program is Tuesday, July 7, according to the RV Dealers Association.
Deserving college undergraduates majoring in business, marketing, finance, economics, accounting, or other RV industry-related subjects are eligible to apply. The $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2020-2021 school year.
The program was established to help foster the next generation of RV industry leaders, and this will be the 30th scholarship awarded since its inception. It is made possible by the generosity of Newt and the late Joanne Kindlund, co-founders of Holiday RV Superstores, the first publicly traded RV dealership.
Dealers are encouraged to inform their employees about this unique opportunity. A primary factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work within the industry after college.
- Have a 2.8 or better cumulative GPA and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400-point scale; a minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable)
- Be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior in an accredited four-year college or university
- Provide a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career
- Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form, which is completed online at http://fafsa.ed.gov (for help on how to complete a FAFSA form, watch this video)
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own
- Submit a fully completed application with supporting documentation
All materials noted above must be received by the center no later than July 7. Dealer principals and their families and dependents are not eligible for the award.
The application is available online here.