Herb Cowen of Pike Lake Golf Centre in Clifford, Ontario, Canada, has been elected as the new chairman of the board of the RV Dealers Association of Canada. Pike Lake Golf Centre is a family-owned and operated RV dealership that first opened in 1961.
As a dealer, Cowen has portrayed a level of commitment to both his customers, as well as the industry. He believes in working hard and treating people fairly which is how he has earned his professional reputation.
The Centre hosts many classic golf tournaments and helps organizations reach their fundraising goals. In 2011, as a part of their 50th anniversary celebration and in memory of Irv Cowen, Herb’s father, Pike Lake Golf Centre donated $17,000 to the Harrsiton Fire Department, allowing for an expansion of the current Hall. More recently, Pike Lake Golf Centre committed to the Mount Forest Louise Marshall Hospital for the development of a new emergency wing.
Other officers for the 2018 to 2019 year are:
- Vice Chairman: Gord Bragg, Hub City RV, Lantzville, British Columbia
- Treasurer: Josée Bédard, Roulottes Chaudière, Levis, Québec
- Past Chair: Jean-François Lussier, Horizon Lussier, Marieville, Québec
RVDA of Canada’s current board of directors are:
- Murray Sullivan, Sullivan Motor Products
- Dale Hopkins, RV City
- Kyle Kehoe, Kehoe RV
- Jim Gorrie, GNR Camping World
- Bruno Tombari Jr., Bella Vista RV
- Marc Rémillard, Centre du Camping Rémillard
- Bruce Marsh, Cape Breton Trailer Sales
- Trevor Moase, Vacationer RV Sales and Service