SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza has appointed six new members to the National Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Advisory Board.
The new members of the advisory board are:
- Kristen Bailey – Co-founder and CEO of Sweets and Meats BBQ (2014), and SBA 2019 Ohio Small Businessperson of the Year
- Lea Marquez Peterson – Appointed in 2019 as an Arizona Corporation Commissioner and President of Marquez Peterson Group
- Louis Foreman – Chief executive of Enventys and founder of Edison Nation in North Carolina, re-appointed to the SBDC Advisory Board
- Senator Bruce Thompson – State senator for Georgia, U.S. Army National Guard, CEO of Quoteburst Software Solutions, Strong Tower Funeral & Crematory, BTE Holdings, and 2 Hawks Development
- Bertica Cabrera Morris – Born in Havana, Cuba, and owner of Bertica Cabrera Consulting in Florida since 1993
- Benjamin Kwitek – Director of Innovation at University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Board Member of IP2 (Intellectual Property, Innovation and Prosperity) at Stanford University, founder of Gellyfish Technology, Bullet Proof Technology, My BetterSelfie, Roundabout Signs and InterForm Inc.
“We are delighted to welcome new board members who bring with them a strong business acumen and extensive knowledge to the National SBDC Advisory Board,” said Carranza, the SBA administrator. “The Advisory Board has played an important role for 30 years in the SBDC program, advising the SBA on ways to advance and improve national and local SBDC programs and operations. With their knowledge of the challenges business owners face and the policies governing small firms, these tested entrepreneurs and leaders will play a key role in helping to foster stronger local economies and expanding outreach to underserved communities.”